30 Killer Blogs Full of Snack Ideas for Kids
August 19, 2012 | in Babysitting Jobs It’s not uncommon to fall back on snack staples when it comes to getting food to your kids during their afternoon snack attacks, however sometimes those old standbys can get a little stale. These 30 blogs offer tons of fun, new snack ideas for you to try to keep the kids satisfied when the afternoon munchies strike.
Homemade Snacks for Kids
By making homemade snacks that look and taste like the store bought varieties that kids love you achieve two goals. First, you can control the ingredients that go into the snacks and second, you can save money. Kids won’t feel like they are missing out on what their friends are eating when they’re served these snacks.
- Recipes for making granola bars, goldfish crackers and more
- Free e-cookbook for copycat recipes for store bought snacks
- Recipes for personal pizzas and other yummy snacks
- Frozen custard recipe along with many other snacks
- Recipes for homemade girl scout cookies
The Paleo diet, or Caveman diet as it is also known by, is made up of food that is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, soy-free and preservative-free. Eating like the cavemen used to eat before foods became commercialized and filled with chemicals can be a smart, healthy choice for kids with allergies.
- Recipes that are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, lactose free, soy free etc
- Recipes for snacks and meal ideas
- Trail mix recipe and other kid meals
- Recipes for Paleo Crunch and a new product reviewed
- Recipes from Paleo cookbooks
Bento boxes are of Japanese decent and contain many little boxes or compartments within a larger box. Bento boxes can be used for lunches as well as snacks. Muffin tin snacks are similar to Bento boxes in that they utilize a variety of small foods making up the lunch or snack, but obviously there is no box to hold the muffin tin. Muffin tins are a fun way to serve lunches and snacks at home.
- Healthy wraps, fruit and other small bites
- Nutritionist and blogger that loves bento boxes
- Fun and fabulous snack ideas that are nutritious too
- Tons of muffin tin snack and lunch ideas
- Muffin tin nibbles and many other snack ideas
Vegetarian or vegan snacks are a great idea whether you’re a vegetarian or not. Children need to eat approximately 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily to get all of the vitamins and minerals they need.
- Many yummy suggestions for using eggs, veggies and cheese
- Yogurt parfaits to baked potatoes the snack ideas abound
- Ants on a log to a butterfly snack this blogger is very creative
- Mini versions of larger things make for great snacks
- Snacks the kids will want to eat
When kids walk in the door from school you know what comes next. “I’m hungry.” With everything that busy moms have going on, it’s nice to have snacks ready and waiting and snack ideas for things kids can easily pull together themselves.
- Make ahead ideas so kids can help themselves
- Planning and organizing ideas to make snack time simple
- Inexpensive ideas to feed the kids when they need a snack
- Fun and easy snacks to keep kids busy and full
- Even toddlers can help make some of these recipes
Snacks that are healthy and fun to eat are a winning combination. These bloggers have kids too, and have found some healthy snack options that their kids love.