Questions to Ask Selecting an Considering Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) clinicThese questions will help you learn more about a fertility clinic, its services, and staff.
Procedures and Services
- What procedures do you currently offer that may fit with my/our needs?
- How much experience do you have with these procedures?
- What are your current success rates with these procedures?
- What are your criteria for accepting new patients? (Is there a waiting list? Age limits? Single or Married?)
- What tests are required for my care? Will you accept results performed by others?
- Do you have or help arrange for gestational carriers (Surrogates)?
- Do you have or help arrange for obtaining donor eggs, embryos or sperm?
- Do you offer elective single embryo transfer?
- What would be an optimal schedule for the ART procedure I (we) would have?
- If I (we) need storage of eggs/embryos or sperm, what are the costs for storage?
- What types of counseling and support services are available?
Care and Treatment
- How many physicians will be involved in my care?
- Are the physicians providing my care board-certified? Are any specialists in reproductive endocrinology?
- How will the clinic work with my current health care provider (i.e., OB/GYN, or urologist)?
- What staff members are available to answer my questions about treatment, services, tests, and medication?
Costs and Financing
- Do you have cost estimate for the tests and procedures I (we) may need?
- What are your available payment options?
- Do you accept insurance and if so, for what tests, medications and procedures?
- Does the clinic follow American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) practice guidelines?
- Is the clinic currently a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART)? If not, what is the clinic’s affiliation with a national organization or medical society?