miércoles, 27 de noviembre de 2019

Impacts of Invisibility on Military Veteran Women | womenshealth.gov

Impacts of Invisibility on Military Veteran Women | womenshealth.gov

Main Header

Impacts of Invisibility on Military Veteran Women

Dr. Kate Hendricks Thomas

When I was a Marine, I remember being told I should never walk around our base in Iraq alone. Would you believe that it didn’t even seem strange at the time?
Today, I’m a public health researcher. I try to figure out how to make the process of transitioning from solider to civilian easier for military women. It is a job I care about deeply because I personally recognize the health issues that come along with transition struggles. I believe that the biggest barrier to making it less of a struggle is that women veterans are invisible.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario