On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
- Reminder: Policy on Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) for Clinical Trials Takes Effect January 25, 2018 (NOT-OD-18-106)
- Related notice: Revision: The NIH Announces New Review Criteria for Career Development Award Applications Involving Clinical Trials (NOT-OD-18-109)
- Retirement countdown for Grants.gov legacy downloadable forms
NIH Extramural Nexus blog, December 1, 2017
The NIH Office of Extramural Research (OER) is reissuing many NIH funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) with information on the new FORMS-E grant application package for due dates on or after January 25, 2018, reflecting changes to the NIH definition of a clinical trial. Search the NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts for the most recent, accurate information on active NIH FOAs. "Section III. Eligibility Information" of each FOA specifies if foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Reissue: Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries (R21) (PAR-18-242)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): August 31, 2018
> More about Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
- Reissue: Tobacco Use and HIV in Low and Middle Income Countries (R21) (PAR-18-022)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): April 4, 2019; November 1, 2019; and more
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research (R01) (NOT-DA-17-059)
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) Scholars Program offers opportunities for domestic and international early-career investigators from groups under-represented in HIV prevention research. Funding comes from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
Domestic Scholars initial proposal drafts due January 5, 2018
International Scholars initial proposal drafts due February 12, 2018
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIH Enforcement of Closeout Policies (NOT-OD-18-107)
- Standards for Documentation of Personnel Expenses (NOT-OD-18-108)
- Notice of Intent to Revise the NIH Policy and Guidelines on the Inclusion of Children as Participants in Research Involving Human Subjects (NOT-OD-18-008)
- Revision: NIH Policy and Guidelines on the Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Subjects in Clinical Research (NOT-OD-18-014)
- Request for Information (RFI): Well Characterized Brain Bank Resources for Alzheimers Disease-Related Dementias (ADRD) PET Ligand development and Cryo-EM Structural Analysis of Protein Species (NOT-NS-18-018)
- Notice of Extension of the Response Date for NOT-OD-18-007 "Request for Information (RFI) on Enhancing Utilization of the NIH Clinical Center (NOT-OD-18-016)
New Response Date: December 8, 2017
- Notice of Reopening Comment Period for NOT-OD-17-110 "Request for Comments: Proposal to Update Data Management of Genomic Summary Results Under the NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy" (NOT-OD-18-104)
- Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in LMICs
Application deadline: December 11, 2017
- Emerging Global Leader Award
UPDATED > Application deadline: December 14, 2017
- Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan
Application deadline: December 14, 2017
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Japan
Application deadline: January 31, 2018
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA)
Application deadline: March 7, 2018
- Chronic, Noncommunicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training
Application deadline: March 14, 2018
- International Bioethics Training
Application deadline: May 17, 2018