On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The NIH Visiting Fellows Program offers postdoctoral training to citizens of other nations, including low- and middle-income countries (LMICs), in the NIH Intramural Research Program. Review currently-available postdoctoral positions at the NIH. Potential applicants are also encouraged to contact NIH investigators with whom they would like to work directly, regardless of whether a position has been posted. Learn how to use the NIH Intramural Database to find an NIH mentor [Video].
- Revision Applications for U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research (R01) (RFA-AI-16-082) and (U01) (RFA-AI-16-083)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 28, 2017
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Development of Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: A Strategy for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (R61/R33) (RFA-AI-16-085)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 15, 2017
- Pilot Clinical Trials Targeting HIV-1 Reservoirs in Children (U01) (RFA-AI-16-086)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 14 2017
- Optimizing the HIV Care Continuum for Substance Abusing Populations at High-Risk and/or Living with HIV (R01) (RFA-DA-17-024)
Application Receipt Date(s): May 9, 2017
- Potential Effects of Metformin on Aging and Age-Related Conditions: Small-Scale Clinical Studies and Secondary Analysis of Controlled Clinical Studies (R01) (PA-17-073)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Soon to be Issued Funding Opportunity for All of Us Research Program Community Engagement (OT2) (NOT-PM-17-001)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Basic Mechanisms of Brain Development for Substance Use and Dependence (R01) (NOT-DA-17-004)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidities (R01) (NOT-DA-17-005)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for:
Catalyzing Innovation in Late Phase Clinical Trial Design and Statistical Analysis Plans (U34) (NOT-HL-16-473) and (X01) (NOT-HL-16-474)
NHLBI Early Phase Clinical Trials for Therapeutics and/or Diagnostics (R61/R33) (NOT-HL-16-475)
Sex Hormone Induced Thromboembolism in Pre-Menopausal Women (R61/R33) (NOT-HL-16-477)
- Revision: Participation of the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) in Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity (R01) (PA-15-105) (NOT-DE-17-007) and (R21) (PA-15-106) (NOT-DE-17-008)
- Notice of Plans for NIOSH Implementation of Data Management and Access Policy (NOT-OH-17-005)
- Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 14, 2016
- Understanding and Addressing the Multi-level Influences on Uptake and Adherence to HIV Prevention Strategies Among Adolescent Girls and Young Women in Sub-Saharan Africa
Application deadline: December 20, 2016
- Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: January 5, 2017
- Planning Grant for Emerging Epidemic Virus Research Training for West African Countries with Widespread Transmission of Ebola (Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone)
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
- Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Research
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for US scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2017