On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Mechanisms of Immune Activation and Inflammation: HIV Infection, ART, and Drugs of Abuse (R01) (RFA-DA-17-013)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 18, 2016
- Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01) (PAR-16-380)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): April 11, 2017; October 10, 2017; and more
- Center of Excellence for Research on Complementary and Integrative Health(P01) (PAR-16-379)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
Other NIH events and resources that may be of interest to researchers interested in global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health, hosted by NIH Institutes and Offices and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, will provide a thorough grounding in conducting dissemination and implementation research in health across all areas of health and health care. The Institute combines online courses with a 2-day in-person training in Washington, D.C. Applications are open to foreign and domestic applicants. There is no fee to attend, but attendees are responsible for arranging and paying for travel.
Application deadline: August 26, 2016
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Research collaborations to advance social innovation in health in low- and middle- income countries, issued by the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR) in partnership with the Social Innovation in Health Initiative (SIHI)
Application deadline: September 30, 2016
- European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Awards recognize outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe.
Extended submission deadline: August 8, 2016
- Job opportunities from the Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network (TEPHINET):
NCD Regional Technical Advisor - South-East Asia Region (SEARO)
NCD Regional Technical Advisor - Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMRO)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- NIMH Priorities for HIV Research and Funding (NOT-MH-16-018)
- Availability of Resources for Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research (NOT-OD-16-122)
- Notice of Information: The Alzheimer's Disease Sequencing Project Policy (ADSP) on the Publication of Study-Related Data (NOT-AG-16-033)
- Notices of Expiration:
Ethical Issues in Research on HIV/AIDS and its Co-Morbidities PAR-15-274 (R01) (NOT-AI-16-071) and PAR-15-275 (R21) (NOT-AI-16-072)
Ethical, Legal and Policy Issues in HIV Research with Key Populations PAR-15-328 (R01) (NOT-AI-16-074)
- Fogarty Global Health Training Program
Application Deadline: August 16, 2016
- Fogarty HIV Research Training:
Fogarty HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions (D43)
Planning Grant for Fogarty HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions (D71)
Infrastructure Development Training Programs for Critical HIV Research at LMIC Institutions (G11)
Application deadline: August 25, 2016
- Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
Application deadline: August 31, 2016
- International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program
Application deadline: October 13, 2016
- Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 14, 2016
- Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: January 5, 2017
- Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Research
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for US scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2017