Also in This Issue...
- New Insight On How Memory Loss May Occur
- Can We Identify Quick Language Learners?
- Make No Mistake, Revenge Is (Bitter) Sweet
- Breakthrough in Brain Cancer Research
- Vaccine to Prevent Zika Infection in Humans
Independence Day Is Always Something to Celebrate!
John Adams wrote his wife, Abigail on July 3, 1776: “The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America.” That was because on July 2, the Congress approved a vote of independence. The actual document was signed July 4 or perhaps as late as August 2 but for some unknown reason we have always celebrated July 4. I wonder if Great Britain’s recent vote to withdraw from the European Union will be as momentus as our withdrawal from Great Britain was in 1776?
Watch our Medical Headline Videos:
- Scott Novich from Neo-Sensory, Inc. tells us about a vest they have developed that is giving deaf people the gift of sound through the sense of touch.
- Brock Wester from Johns Hopkins is testing ways to restore natural hand movements to people with devastating brain injury or amputation. A prosthetic hand that is controlled by nothing more than a patient’s thoughts is the key.
- Dr Marvin Slepian, MD from University of Arizona, has worked 25 years to develop wearable technology that will send your doctor real time information about your vital signs from anywhere in the world.
We also have a special report on “Botox and Dystonia” that is from the Cleveland Clinic and another from Weill-Cornell Medical Center that is “Never Too Old for Back Surgery.”
Finally, you can read our entire in-depth interview with Alexandra Dalmonte, Outreach Coordinator for eSight from Toronto, Canada about a new device that is changing the lives of people who are legally blind.
In case you missed them, you may want to check our past reports, Premium Content in Archives Alzheimer’s and the Biggest Mistake Caregivers Make Fighting C. Diff with C. Diff. Premium Content in the Archives may be purchased for as little as $9 for 24-hour, unlimited access. If you would like to access Premium Content for the first time click here.
Remember to put your pets inside before the fireworks tonight. We lost a border collie for two days a few years ago because the fireworks scared him so much.
And there's more where that came from...
Marjorie Bekaert Thomas
President, Ivanhoe Broadcast News
“We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls.”
-- Robert J. McCracken
-- Robert J. McCracken