2013 Youth Risk Behavior Survey Results Released
Today, the Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) released the 2013 national, state, and local Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) results on the YRBS website at www.cdc.gov/yrbs.
The release includes:
- an MMWR Surveillance Summary that includes results from the 2013 National YRBS and from 42 state and 21 local YRBSs
- new fact sheets and summary documents
- an updated version of Youth Online - a web-based data system that allows users to view and analyze national, state, and local YRBS results
- an updated version of the YRBS Data Widget - a small web application that national, state, and local partners can place directly on their agency’s or organization’s website to help disseminate YRBS results quickly and conveniently
- public-use datasets and technical documentation
The YRBS monitors six categories of priority health-risk behaviors among high school students—behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence; tobacco use; alcohol and other drug use; sexual behaviors that contribute to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection; unhealthy dietary behaviors; and physical inactivity—plus the prevalence of asthma and obesity.
For more information about the YRBS:
Phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)