Diseases of the Week
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
May is Mental Health Month
- CDC report on children’s mental health describes, for the first time, federal activities that track U.S. children’s mental disorders.
- CDC information on suicide prevention: Suicide is a serious public health problem that can have lasting harmful effects on individuals, families, and communities
- CDC information: Risk factors for suicide include family history of suicide
- Did you know 189 genes have been studied in relation to suicide risk, including 9 genomewide association studies. To find out more, visit the HuGE Navigator
- US Preventive Services Task Force recommends that family history of depression be considered with other risk factors when screening adults for depression