The Office of Public Health Genomics (OPHG) provides updated and credible information on how genomic
information and family health history can improve health and influence policy and practice. We highlight
news and information on the use of genomic tests and other applications, including family health history,
in clinical and public health practice and programs, along with relevant data, policy, and legislation. We hope the update is informative to practitioners, policy makers, consumers, and researchers. Please send
your comments to: email@example.com.
- CDC information: Advanced Molecular Detection (AMD) and response to infectious disease outbreaks
- CDC blog post: Genomics in public health preparedness: chance favors the prepared mind
- CDC paper: The role of human genomics in public health preparedness for infectious threats.
Dowling N et al. Genome Medicine
- CDC Current Outbreaks List
- HHS paper: The case for integrating research into public health emergency response.
Lurrie N, et al. New England J Med March 2013