Niche Assessment Program
A Program for NIH SBIR/STTR Phase I AwardeesThe National Institute of Health's SBIR/STTR Niche Assessment Program is a nationwide program funded by NIH to help jump-start an SBIR/STTR Phase I awardee's commercialization efforts. Services are provided by Foresight Science & Technology of Providence, RI.
Technology Niche Analyses® (TNA®) are provided by Foresight for one hundred twenty five (125) NIH SBIR/STTR Phase I awardees. These analyses assess potential applications for a technology and then for one viable application, it provides an assessment of the:
- needs and concerns of end-users;
- competing technologies and competing products;
- competitive advantage of the SBIR/STTR-developed technology;
- market size and potential market share (may include national and/or global markets;
- barriers to market entry (may include but is not limited to pricing, competition, government regulations, manufacturing challenges, capital requirements, etc.);
- market drivers;
- status of market and industry trends;
- potential customers, licensees, investors, or other commercialization partners; and,
- the price customers are likely to pay
For more information, see Notice NOT-OD-12-146 that was placed in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts on August 31, 2012.
NIH SBIR/STTR Program
Office of Extramural Programs
Office of Extramural Research