The A1C Test and Diabetes
National Diabetes Information
he A1C Test and DiabetesOn this page:
- What is the A1C test?
- How does the A1C test work?
- Can the A1C test be used to diagnose type 2 diabetes and prediabetes?
- Why should a person be tested for diabetes?
- Has the A1C test improved?
- How is the A1C test used to diagnose type 2 diabetes and prediabetes?
- Is the A1C test used during pregnancy?
- Can blood glucose tests still be used for diagnosing type 2 diabetes and prediabetes?
- Can the A1C test result in a different diagnosis than the blood glucose tests?
- Are diabetes blood test results always accurate?
- How accurate is the A1C test?
- Can the A1C test give false results?
- How is the A1C test used after diagnosis of diabetes?
- How does the A1C relate to estimated average glucose?
- What A1C target should people have?
- Will the A1C test show changes in blood glucose levels?
- Points to Remember
- Hope through Research
- For More Information