PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset
Your literature search will be automatically limited to the Dietary Supplement (DS) Subset of PubMed. Your searches are free.
About the PubMed Dietary Supplement SubsetODS and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) partnered to create this Dietary Supplement Subset of NLM's PubMed. PubMed provides access to citations from the MEDLINE database and additional life science journals. It also includes links to many full-text articles at journal Web sites and other related Web resources.
The subset is designed to limit search results to citations from a broad spectrum of dietary supplement literature including vitamin, mineral, phytochemical, ergogenic, botanical, and herbal supplements in human nutrition and animal models. The subset will retrieve dietary supplement-related citations on topics including, but not limited to:
- chemical composition;
- biochemical role and function — both in vitro and in vivo;
- clinical trials;
- health and adverse effects;
- traditional Chinese medicine and other folk/ethnic supplement practices;
- cultivation of botanical products used as dietary supplements; as well as,
- surveys of dietary supplement use.