jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2020

How science should support researchers with visual impairments

How science should support researchers with visual impairments

Woman wearing white lab coat.

Clear the way for visually impaired scientists

Chemist Naheda Sahtout is legally blind and has faced challenges while pursuing her laboratory research career. She argues that science needs to start a conversation to attract and empower more researchers like her. “I might occasionally need someone to help me look down a microscope, or an alternative project that makes use of my expertise and capabilities, but this doesn’t mean my scientific thinking or ability to analyse data, write papers and come up with fresh ideas is compromised,” says Sahtout. “I shouldn’t be made to feel as if seeking help is a bad thing.”
Nature | 6 min read

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario