A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Health Tip: Minimizing Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
Close the windows and run the air conditionerTuesday, April 15, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Pollen and mold are common culprits of seasonal allergies, but there are things you can do to help minimize symptoms.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers these suggestions:
- At home and in the car, close the windows and run the air conditioning if needed.
- When pollen and mold levels are high, stay indoors. Wear a pollen mask during a prolonged stay outdoors.
- When you come inside, wash your hair and change your clothes.
- Ask someone else to mow the lawn and rake leaves.
- Don't hang clothing or linens outside to dry.
- Take allergy medication as prescribed.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on: