A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Health Tip: Why Am I Overweight?
Factors that contribute to weight gainMonday, April 28, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Eating too much is an obvious factor for being overweight, but it's not the only one.
The Weight-control Information Network explains these additional factors for being overweight:
- Consuming more calories than you burn.
- Having an environment rich in unhealthy food choices, conveniences that contribute to a sedentary lifestyle and lack of access to safe exercise.
- Having certain genetic patterns and family eating habits.
- Taking certain medications, such as steroids.
- Being an emotional eater and turning to food when you feel stressed, sad, angry or bored.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Body Weight
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario