New Tools Available – Discussion GuidesCenters for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sent this bulletin at 02/14/2013 02:52 PM EST
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
New Influenza Pandemic Planning Discussion Guides Now Available
CDC's Healthcare Preparedness Activity recently released several influenza pandemic planning discussion guides to assist partners with their planning efforts. These guides are focused on healthcare delivery and were developed with the input of community healthcare planners. They are designed for personnel within community public health departments, hospitals, and emergency management agencies for whom influenza pandemic preparedness and response planning are a job responsibility.
Each guide includes a pandemic influenza scenario and situation-based questions. Through group discussion, these guides will help:
- Identify issues associated with organizations’ response capabilities and resource availability to respond to or support healthcare agencies and systems during an influenza pandemic.
- Develop strategies to address these issues.
The strategies that are identified can be incorporated into existing influenza pandemic preparedness and response plans.
Three guides are available at http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/healthcare/communities.htm. These include the
- Hospital Discussion Guide (Additional resources to help healthcare providers, staff, hospital administrators, and chief executive officers plan for and respond to public health emergencies are available at http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/healthcare/hospitals.htm.)
- Public Health Discussion Guide
- Emergency Management Discussion Guide
Visit http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/healthcare to download additional planning resources intended for use by community stakeholders to develop, modify, and assess its healthcare system preparedness plans.