jueves, 17 de octubre de 2024

My Life With OCD - obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)

Uma Chatterjee has obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), a mental disorder marked by uncontrollable, unwanted, and recurring thoughts and repetitive mental or physical behaviors. For much of her life, she struggled to manage her symptoms. It wasn't until she found a therapist who really understood OCD, that her life began to change. “I’d been going through life thinking I was the most horrible person, especially because of the taboo intrusive thoughts I was having. It was such a transformative experience to realize, on the most fundamental level of self, that not all of my thoughts are real.” Today, Uma is a neuroscience researcher and mental health advocate. Armed with a profound and personal understanding of OCD, she is now working to help others and raise awareness and acceptance of the disorder. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/science-news/2024/my-life-with-ocd

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario