Through CDC’s AR Lab Network, labs nationwide uncovered 221 instances of unusual resistance genes in “nightmare bacteria” in 2017.
Last Posted: Dec 12, 2018
- Travel to Asia is a strong predictor for carriage of cephalosporin resistant E. coli and Klebsiella spp. but does not explain everything; prevalence study at a Norwegian hospital 2014-2016.
Espenhain Laura et al. Antimicrobial resistance and infection control 2018 146
- Antimicrobial resistance prediction and phylogenetic analysis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates using the Oxford Nanopore MinION sequencer.
Golparian Daniel et al. Scientific reports 2018 Dec (1) 17596
- Investigation of a Carbapenemase-producing Acinetobacter baumannii outbreak using whole genome sequencing versus a standard epidemiologic investigation.
Bogaty Chloe et al. Antimicrobial resistance and infection control 2018 140
- Antimicrobial Resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae: Proceedings of the STAR Sexually Transmitted Infection-Clinical Trial Group Programmatic Meeting.
Cristillo Anthony D et al. Sexually transmitted diseases 2018 Oct
- Why Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance needs to be Automated and Comprehensive.
O'Brien Thomas F et al. Journal of global antimicrobial resistance 2018 Oct
- Children with cystic fibrosis are infected with multiple subpopulations of Mycobacterium abscessus with different antimicrobial resistance profiles
Shaw LP, et al. bioRxiv, Oct 5, 2018.
- FLASH: A next-generation CRISPR diagnostic for multiplexed detection of antimicrobial resistance sequences
Quan J, et al. bioRxiv, Sep 27, 2018.
- Wellcome Sanger Institute at 25: how the genomic revolution is changing medicine
Wellcome Sanger, September 2018
- Whole genome sequencing reveals genetic signature of bedaquiline resistance in a clinical isolate of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Chawla Kiran et al. Journal of global antimicrobial resistance 2018 Sep
- Towards national systems for continuous surveillance of antimicrobial resistance: Lessons from tuberculosis.
Suthar Amitabh B et al. PLoS medicine 2018 Sep (9) e1002658