sábado, 4 de marzo de 2017

Stories: Spina Bifida | Birth Defects | NCBDDD | CDC

Stories: Spina Bifida | Birth Defects | NCBDDD | CDC

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC twenty four seven. Saving Lives, Protecting People

Stories: Living with Spina Bifida

Daily sitting in a wheelchair

Daily’s Story—In her own words

Daily is an adult living with spina bifida. She shares her story of how she can do anything anyone else can do, she just does it in her own way.  Read more below.
My name is Daily, and I am currently 19 years old. I was born with spina bifida. I have had so many surgeries that I have lost count myself. I am currently in a wheelchair. I really don't consider myself any different than anyone else. I can do everything a walking person can do, just in my own way. When I was born, my mom was told that I wouldn't make it. And boy, did I prove them wrong. I just recently graduated high school, and I am getting ready to start college. I am so excited. My major is Early Childhood Education.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario