June 17, 2015, NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Did you know that in FY 2014, NIAID awarded 158 competing small business awards, bringing our Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer funding total to 236 grants and $122.3 million?
Opportunities and Resources
HIV researchers may be familiar with the Martin Delaney Collaboratory program, which was established in 2011.
You can get administrative supplement funds for your existing grant, allowing you to investigate the role of dietary supplements in health maintenance and disease prevention.
A recent funding opportunity announcement gives you a chance to be part of the Mucosal Immunology Studies Team.
In The News
If you missed the May 18, 2015, advisory Council meeting, read our summary and watch the videocasts.
If you're not regularly following our funding opportunity concepts, you might be missing out on big insights into NIAID's strategic thinking—insights you can use to give your application its best chance at funding.
You may already know that the names of reviewers who participate in peer review are posted at NIH Scientific Review Group Roster Index.
- Reminder of Transition to PMS Subaccounts in FY 2016
- Send Feedback as NIH Prepares a Prize Competition to Fight Antimicrobial Resistance
- Register Now for the Next Precision Medicine Initiative Workshop
When your grant ends, you aren't done yet; you must complete the closeout process by sending acceptable final reports on time.
- If a PI moved to another institution and I plan to continue the research, can I renew the PI’s grant?
- Would working on another investigator’s R01 keep me from applying for a K23 or other K awards designed for young investigators?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFP-NIAID-DAIDS-NIHAI2014013, NIAID Process and Analytical Support for Development of HIV Vaccines
- BAA-NIAID-DAIDS-NIHAI2015040, Staged Vaccine Development
- RFA-AI-15-033, Partnerships for the Development of Novel Assays to Predict Vaccine Efficacy
- PAR-15-275, Ethical Issues in Research on HIV/AIDS and Its Comorbidities (R21)
- PAR-15-274, Ethical Issues in Research on HIV/AIDS and Its Comorbidities (R01)
- RFP-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2015036, Preclinical Services for Biopharmaceutical Product Development
- RFA-AI-15-024, Partnerships for the Development of Host-Targeted Therapeutics to Limit Antibacterial Resistance
- PA-15-273, Harnessing Big Data to Halt HIV
- PA-15-272, Exploiting RNA as a Target for HIV Interventions
- PA-15-271, Understanding HIV Persistence in Infants
- PA-15-270, PHS 2015-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications (Parent STTR)
- PA-15-269, PHS 2015-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, FDA, and ACF for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR)
- RFA-AI-15-032, Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com