On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Development and Testing of Novel Interventions to Improve HIV Prevention, Care, and Program Implementation (R34) (PA-15-268)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
Note: Domestic and overseas populations will be considered, with particular attention to populations with disproportionate burden of HIV infection and those where HIV infection and/or drug use are emergent.
- Fast-Track Development of Medications to Treat Cannabis Use Disorders (UG3/UH3) (PAR-15-267)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): July 28, 2015; March 28, 2016; July 28, 2016; and more
- Harnessing Genome Editing Technologies to Functionally Validate Genetic Variants in Substance Use Disorders (R21/R33) (RFA-DA-16-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 25, 2015
- Mucosal Immunology Studies Team (MIST) (U01) (RFA-AI-15-023)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 20, 2015
- Collaborative Networks to Advance Delirium Research (R24) (RFA-AG-16-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 12, 2016
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- SBIR E-learning for HAZMAT and Emergency Response (R43/R44) (RFA-ES-15-008)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 31, 2015
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Funding opportunities from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID):
- Annual Program Statement: Integrating Community Health aims to support countries in achieving and sustaining effective coverage of high impact health and nutrition interventions at scale in order to accelerate progress towards ambitious health goals.
- Addendum 1: Community Health Workers Programming under the Integrating Community Health APS aims to improve population health by increasing effective coverage of high impact health and nutrition interventions through addressing barriers to scaling up and sustaining high quality CHW programming.
- Instrumental Access from Seeding Labs makes affordable, high-quality laboratory equipment available to university departments in low- and middle-income countries. The goal of the program is to equip the teaching and research laboratories of participating departments so that they can participate fully in the global science community. Participants pay a fee that is adjusted to income level of the country.
Application deadline: July 15, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Clarifying Publication Reporting Instructions for Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) and Renewal Applications (NOT-OD-15-091)
- Reminder of Timeline for Administrative Changes to NIH Domestic Awards to Transition to Payment Management System Subaccounts (NOT-OD-15-105)
- Important Information Regarding AHRQ Only Non-competing Awards Converted to a Payment Management System Subaccount in FY 2015 (NOT-HS-15-009)
- Delays in Grant Application Submission due to Severe Summer Weather and other Natural Disasters/Emergencies (NOT-OD-15-108)
- Request for Information: NIH Precision Medicine Cohort - Strategies to Address Community Engagement and Health Disparities (NOT-OD-15-107)
- Notice of Clarification on Research Objectives in NIH-PEPFAR Collaboration on Implementation Science for HIV: Towards an AIDS-free Generation RFA-AI-15-020 (R01) (NOT-AI-15-034) and RFA-AI-15-021 (R21) (NOT-AI-15-036)
Events that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- June 24, 2015
NIH campus, Bethesda, Maryland
Define Your Career in Behavioral and Social Sciences for post-doctoral scholars, doctoral students, and others who are exploring training and careers in the behavioral and social sciences. Presented by the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) as a part of the OBSSR 20th Anniversary Celebration.
- Korean Visiting Scientist Training Award
Updated application deadline: June 17, 2015
- Korean Biomedical Scientist Fellowship Program
Updated application deadline: June 30, 2015
- Global Infectious Disease Research Administration Development Award for Low-and Middle-Income Country Institutions
from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at NIH
Application deadline: July 15, 2015
- Global Infectious Diseases Research Training (GID)
Application deadline: July 29, 2015
- Fogarty HIV Research Training
Application deadline: July 30, 2015
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows and Scholars in Public Health
Postdoctoral Research Scholars application deadline: August 3, 2015
Fellowships application deadline: October 13, 2015