It's important to know your family health history.
A family health history is a record of medical and health information about a person and his or her blood relatives. It can give clues to conditions that may run in a family and can help identify individuals who are at an increased risk of developing those conditions. The easiest way to get information about family health history is to talk with relatives about their past and current health issues. Several resources are available to collect and record health information about family members. It is important to keep this information up-to-date and share it with a healthcare professional regularly.
- Why is it important to know my family medical history?
- Family History Public Health
Initiative(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- U.S. Surgeon General's Family History
Initiative(Department of Health and Human Services)
- Family History Tools in Other
Languages(Brigham and Women's Hospital Family History Project)
- The Importance of Your Family Health
History(Centre for Genetics Education)
- Your Family
History(National Society of Genetic Counselors)
- Understanding Genetics: Pedigree and Family History
- Family Health History
- Una Guia Para el Historial de Salud
Familiar(La Alianza Genetica)
- Take stock of health history with family members this
Thanksgiving(National Human Genome Research Institute)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario