CDC Digital Press Kit: Healthy Travel to the 2014 Winter Olympic and ParalympicsCenters for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sent this bulletin at 01/30/2014 03:24 PM EST
Digital Press Kit
Sochi 2014: Winter Olympics and Paralympics
Plan ahead for safe and healthy travel
CDC wants you and your travel team to enjoy the Winter Games and bring home a suitcase full of gold, silver, and bronze memories. Plan ahead for safe and healthy travel!
- Get vaccinated. Make sure you are up to date on your routine vaccines, including measles. You may also need hepatitis vaccines.
- Pack Smart. Be sure to pack a travel health kit and plenty of warm and waterproof clothing and shoes.
- Check your insurance. Travelers need proof of medical insurance that is valid in the Russian Federation to get a visa. Most domestic insurance plans won’t cover you if you need medical care overseas, so check with your provider to see if you have coverage outside the United States.
- Stay Safe. When at crowded events, plan where to meet your group if you get separated. Always scout out emergency exits when at large indoor events.
- Healthy Habits. Always wear seatbelts. Wash your hands well and often. Drink alcohol in moderation and use latex condoms if you have sex.
Talk with your doctor about how to stay healthy and safe before, during, and after your trip to the Sochi Winter Olympics and Paralympics in Russia. Visit CDC's health information for travelers to Russia website for more information.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario