What’s New at the NCHS Research Data Center
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) sent this bulletin at 08/05/2013 10:32 AM EDT. The following updates have been made:
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report A recent MMWR discussing children's mental health surveillance mentions the availability of mental health data from NHANES and NHIS accessible through the Research Data center.
- Cancer Registry Data A recent publication cites the Research Data Center as an available resource for accessing the National Program of Cancer Registries data
- Linking Up With the NCHS RDC Our most recent blog post takes a closer look at the modes of access available at the Research Data Center. It outlines what factors should be considered when choosing a mode of access for your project. Check it out and be sure to check back for future blogs from RDC staff, researchers, and other NCHS divisions.
- NHANES Variable Search A useful new tool has been developed by NHANES in order to search for variables in Continuous NHANES (1999-present). This feature may assist you in developing a data dictionary for NHANES public-use and restricted data
New Data Available through the RDC
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- 2001-2002 Helicobacter Pylori data The 2001-2002 Helicobacter Pylori and Helicobacter Pylori second day data from National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey laboratory data is available for use, only through the Research Data Center.
National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- 2012 NHIS Data Release The latest collection year of the National Health Interview Survey has been released for public use. Restricted variables are accessible through the Research Data Center.
National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS)
- 2012 Physician Workflow Supplement Data from the 2012 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey's Physician Workflow Supplement are now available through the Research Data Center. This survey began in 2011 as a follow-up data collection initiative sponsored by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology to provide a better understanding of physician experiences with adoption and use of electronic health records.
Visit the catalog of all restricted data available through the RDC
Find out more about accessing restricted data through the RDC
- Dwyer JT, Nahin RL, Rogers GT, et al. Prevalence and predictors of children's dietary supplement use: the 2007 National Health Interview Survey. American J of Clinical Nutrition. 2013; 97:1337-7.
- Berdahl CT, Vermeulen MJ, Larson DB, et al. Emergency department computed tomography utilization in the United States and Canada. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2013.
- Nachman KE, Parker JD. Exposures to fine particulate air pollution and respiratory outcomes in adults using two national datasets: a cross-sectional study. Environmental Health. 2012; 11:25-36.
- Richmond-Bryant J, Meng Q, Davis JA, et al. A multi-level model of blood lead as a function of air lead. Science of the Total Environment. 2013; 416-462:207-213.
- Sanders A, Slade G. State cigarette excise tax, secondhand smoke exposure, and periodontitis in US nonsmokers. American J of Public Health. 2013; 103(4):740-746.
- Trivedi T, Liu J, Probst JC, et al. The metabolic syndrome: are rural residents at increased risk? The J of Rural Health. 2013; 29:188-197.
- Yusuf HR, Reyes N, Zhang QC, et al. Hospitalizations of Adults≥ 60 Years of Age With Venous Thromboembolism. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2013.
- Zhang, X, Onufrak S, Holt JB, et al. A multilevel approach to estimating small area childhood obesity prevalence at the census block-group level. Preventing Chronic Disease.2013;10:1-10.
Read previous publications with restricted NCHS data