Webinar #6 in the Preventing Underage Drinking Series
Webinar #6: Community Coalitions Working Collaboratively Across Secondary and Postsecondary Education To Address Underage Drinking
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 | 2–3:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Sponsored by: Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Prevention of Underage Drinking
In this webinar, hosted by the U.S. Department of Education, panelists will explore prevention research that strongly supports the use of comprehensive, integrated programs with multiple complementary components to address underage drinking. Such evidence-based prevention strategies geared to secondary and postsecondary students require collaborative efforts among organizational leaders at high schools and colleges, and key community members.
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify key constituents for collaboration.
- Develop specific mechanisms for engaging key campus and community groups.
- Develop comprehensive gender-appropriate and culturally appropriate approaches to working with high schools, colleges, and communities.
- Identify methods of moving coalitions from talk to action.
This webinar includes a panel of experts with extensive experience at various levels of knowledge generation and program implementation:
- Traci Toomey, Ph.D., Alcohol Epidemiology Project, University of Minnesota
- Nicole Holt, Executive Director, Texans Standing Tall
- Kerri Calvert, Bloomington Normal Community Campus Committee.