Health Tip: Help Avoid a Lupus Flare
Take steps to limit stressURL of this page: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_126603.html (*this news item will not be available after 09/23/2012)
Monday, June 25, 2012
- Learn to recognize when a flare-up is imminent.
- Get plenty of rest and try not to push yourself too hard.
- Try to control stress.
- Limit exposure to sunlight and halogen or fluorescent lights.
- Be careful to avoid injury or infection.
- Don't stop taking lupus medications unless your doctor says so.
- Exercise moderately, but get your doctor's approval first.
- Talk to your doctor about any other medications you are taking to see if any could trigger a lupus flare-up.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on: