January 22, 2015, NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Top Ways to Prevent a Human Subjects Bar to Award To avoid ending up in the same boat as applicants who get a human subjects bar to award, take preventive measures to help ensure smooth sailing. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
Act Quickly for FOA on Empirical Research on Human Subjects-Related Ethical Issues Time is of the essence if you want to apply for the funding opportunity announcement (FOA) on Empirical Research on Ethical Issues Related to Central IRBs and Consent for Research Using Clinical Records and Data. Read the full article.
New Updates to NIAID's Resource on International Clinical Regulations In our September article "A Solution if You're Struggling With Foreign Clinical Regulations," we shared a new NIAID resource on international clinical regulations, ClinRegs. Read the full article.
Create a Big Data Training Coordination Center NIH wants you to build a network of big data scientists and construct a discovery index for personalized access to publicly available biomedical data science educational resources. Read the full article.
In The News
Remembering Richard Krause, Former NIAID Director We at NIAID are saddened by the passing of Dr. Richard Krause, director of NIAID from 1975 to 1984. Read the full article.
Salary Cap and NRSA Stipend Levels Announced As of January 11, 2015, the salary cap for grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts is $183,300. Read the full article.
- Include Genomic Data Sharing Plan in Your Application
- Grants.gov Downtime Expected in Mid-February
- Video Tutorials for Internet Assisted Review
- Save the Date: Upcoming Seminar on Grants Policy
- Help Spread the Word About Amgen Scholars Program
New Process for Making Changes to Inclusion Data Records for Grants Principal investigators (PIs) and signing officials (SOs): make sure that you are aware of the process for making changes to inclusion data records (IDRs). Read the full article.
- Can NIH funding support a foreign postdoctoral fellow?
- I'm not sure I understand early awards. How can I tell if I will qualify?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFP-NIAID-LMIV-NIHAO2015023, Operation of a Facility Testing Malaria Vaccines in Adult Human Subjects
- RFA-MD-15-005, NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Enhancing Diversity in Biomedical Data Science
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org .