Health Tip: What Causes Hives?
Most commonly, exposure to an allergenMonday, September 29, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Hives are an allergic skin reaction caused by the body's release of histamine.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology mentions these common causes of hives:
- Exposure to an allergic trigger.
- Eating something that triggers an allergic reaction.
- Exercising, or exposure to heat.
- Being bitten by an insect.
- Having an allergic reaction to a medication.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.