Email this page to a friendShare on facebookShare on twitterBookmark & SharePrinter-friendly versionSubscribe to RSS
Health Tip: Practicing Tai Chi
Why people do it
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
(HealthDay News) -- Tai chi is ancient Chinese martial art that involves slow movement and coordinated breathing.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine says people who practice tai chi say they do so for these reasons:
- It helps promote aerobic and low-impact exercise.
- It may help coordination and muscle condition.
- It may help reduce stiffness and pain.
- It may help improve general wellness and quality of sleep.
The agency says scientific study of these potential benefits is ongoing. It recommends that anyone who is thinking of starting tai chi speak to a physician first, especially if you're pregnant or if you have hernia, joint or bone problems.
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine