A century after Fisher: time for a new paradigm in quantitative genetics
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Computational Genetics, Box 7078, SE-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Choose an option to locate/access this article:
- We present a challenge to the Fisherian quantitative genetics paradigm.
- The natural state of biological systems cannot be fully captured with an additive model.
- We urge researchers to design experiments that can detect nonadditive genetic interactions.
- It is important to keep an open mind when selecting an analysis method.