FNLM Medical Awards | NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine
NIH MedlinePlus Magazine
The latest issue of the NIH MedlinePlus Magazine is now available online. In every issue you'll find information you can use to keep you and your family healthy, including links to MedlinePlus, NLM's award-winning consumer health web site.
To order your free print copy of the magazine, fill out the form on our subscriptions page.
If one smile can light up a room, the smiles of many can light up a whole building. Such could be said of the pediatric patients at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center…Continue Reading, “Children Research Volunteers Receive Care...”
Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizen win health communications award. Four others also honored.
The 2011 FNLM Annual Awards Dinner on November 3 brought together representatives from the public, professional, and business sectors in health care to show their support for the Library—this year celebrating its 175th anniversary. For their achievements and support of the advancement of health, six recipients were honored.
- Paul G. Rogers Health Communications Award Mehmet Oz, MD, and Michael Roizen, MD, co-authors, YOU: The Owner’s Manual
- Distinguished Medical Science Award Purnell W. Choppin, MD, President Emeritus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Michael E. DeBakey Library Services Outreach Award Ann Duesing, Outreach Librarian, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, UVA
- Distinguished Medical Informatics Award Larry Ellison, Founder and CEO, Oracle
- Congressional Citation Michael Lemole, one of the medical professionals who operated on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, for his outstanding work in neurosurgery.
Donald West King, M.D., Chairman
Friends of the National Library of Medicine
Drs. Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz helped improve patient education and health literacy in their bestselling YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which sparked a series of associated books from the two doctors.
You can be part of the Friends' mission to help educate the public and the health and corporate communities about NIH's many vital research initiatives.
Help Out for Health: Be a Friend
If you or your company can help to support and expand the publication and distribution of NIH MedlinePlus magazine, thousands and thousands more people will gain valuable, free access to the world's best online medical library, www.medlineplus.gov.
For more information, please visit www.fnlm.org or call (202) 679-9930. Or, write to FNLM, 7900 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814.
The FNLM is classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for federal tax purposes. Web site: www.fnlm.org
On the go! Find trusted health information from the experts at MedlinePlus and the National Library of Medicine:
- Disease and wellness topics
- The latest health news
- An illustrated medical encyclopedia
- Information on prescription
and over-the-counter medications