December 20, 2013
Flu activity is increasing nationally and is high in some states. Additional increases are expected in the coming weeks. If you have not gotten your flu vaccination yet this season, you should get one now. A flu vaccine is the first and best way to protect yourself and the people around you from influenza and its potentially serious complications.
What you need to know for the 2013-2014 Season
- Why should people get vaccinated against the flu?
- What kinds of flu vaccines are available?
- Will this season's vaccine be a good match for circulating viruses?
- Can the flu vaccine give me the flu?
CDC Expert Commentaries on Medscape
Three New commentaries added!
- Flu Vaccine Kept 79,000 Out of Hospital Last Year, CDC Says
- How Effective Is the Flu Vaccine?
- Is It Influenza? Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests: Making Improvements in Clinical Practice