FDA-TRACK is an agency-wide performance management system that monitors over 100 FDA program offices through key performance measures and projects. These measures and projects are updated quarterly on the website.
What's New with FDA-TRACK
May 2013 Performance Data Updates
New performance data are available for the dashboards below.
- April 3, 2013: FDA-TRACK MCMi Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK MCMi Dashboard - From April 1 – 5, 2013, the Office of Counterterrorism and Emerging Threats (OCET) held a five-day pilot training course designed to identify and share best practices ensuring data quality and integrity in animal studies in Biosafety Level 4 laboratory facilities as part of its key project, Academic Development of a Training Program for Good Laboratory Practices in Maximum Biocontainment.
- FDA Safety and Innovation Act (FDASIA)-TRACK - FDASIA-TRACK 2.0 was launched on May 15, 2013 to include not only the deliverables with statutory dates, but other tasks required to implement the law over a three year period. After review of the requirements set forth in the law, FDA has developed a comprehensive implementation plan, balancing high priority items with available resources to provide good faith estimates of completion dates for each task. Each task includes the targeted completion date and links to contacts and additional information. This version provides further transparency into FDASIA’s implementation process, and we invite you to use this page to track FDA’s progress.
- Unified Agenda-TRACK - The Federal Government publishes a semi-annual agenda of upcoming regulations in the Federal Register, usually in the Spring and Fall. With rulemaking plans being of great interest to a wide range of stakeholders, FDA has launched Unified Agenda-TRACK to provide more periodic updates and therefore further transparency into its upcoming rulemakings.
- FDA-TRACK CTP Dashboard – CTP has increased the number of tweets posted on the CTP Twitter page by 500% since the Twitter account was established in 2011.
- FDA-TRACK CVM Dashboard – CVM continues to exceed all Animal Drug User Fee Act (ADUFA) and Animal Generic Drug User Fee Act (AGDUFA) performance goals tracked in FDA-TRACK in FY13 year-to-date.
- FDA-TRACK NCTR Dashboard – NCTR recently completed studies to identify new biomarkers of hepatotoxicity caused by drugs and chemicals used during pre-clinical testing. The findings of this study suggest that urinary microRNA’s (miRNA), a newly discovered group of noncoding RNA molecules, might be a more specific and consistent biomarker of chemical-induced liver injury than existing tests.
- April 3, 2013: FDA-TRACK OCS Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK OCS Dashboard –
- The Office of Minority Health (OMH) introduced several new program measures to the OCS dashboard.
- As of February 2013, OWH had 22,203 Twitter followers. OWH attributes its success to the use of a monthly content calendar where it has planned around topics of interest one month in advance. Also, it engages followers with conversations by starting tweets using trivia, re-tweeting posts from other FDA Twitter accounts that may be of interest to its follower base, and using scheduling software to send tweets during non-business hours.
June 2013 Upcoming Performance Data Updates
- Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER)
- Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN)
General Program Updates
- Most Popular Quarterly Content – Visit this page for FY 2013 Quarter 2 most visited and clicked content.
- Quarterly Briefing Summaries – Visit this page for public summaries of accomplishments discussed at each FDA-TRACK briefing. We post summaries approximately 30 business days after each quarterly briefing. This page includes a new summary for MCMi and OCS.