What's New with FDA-TRACK
The content of the FDA-TRACK website was reorganized in April 2013 to make it easier for users to navigate and locate information more quickly. Some of the pages you visit or have bookmarked were removed or altered as part of our effort to consolidate or update information. When applicable, we’ve included redirects to the FDA-TRACK home page.April 2013 Performance Data Updates
New performance data are available for the dashboards below.
- March 25, 2013: FDA-TRACK Advisory Committees Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK Advisory Committees Dashboard – The FDA advisory committee vacancy rate decreased from 22% to 20% in the first quarter of FY13.
- FDA-TRACK Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Dashboard
- FDA Safety and Innovation Act (FDASIA)-TRACK
- FDA-TRACK CBER Dashboard - The CBER Dashboard was restructured to align measures to the CBER Strategic Plan for Regulatory Science and Research.
- February 27, 2013: FDA-TRACK CDRH Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK CDRH Dashboard -
- The Office of Compliance (OC) completed the Medical Device and Radiation-Emitting Product Recall Process Improvement Project. The recall process improvements implemented as a part of this project resulted in an 89% increase in the meeting of recall classification timeframes (new measure) since internal tracking began in FY 2010.
- March 4, 2013: FDA-TRACK CDER Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK CDER Dashboard – CDER revised its dashboard and measures to align with CDER’s four functional areas.
- CDER completed several outreach initiatives under its Rare Diseases Program.
- CDER was able to meet the classifications timeframe of 26 calendar-days for 91% of recalls this quarter, exceeding its 80% target.
- February 11, 2013: FDA-TRACK CFSAN Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK CFSAN Dashboard –
- Office of Compliance (OC) has been successful in targeting higher risk firms through environmental sampling as the average percentage of firms with positive samples increased from 21% prior to FY12 to an average of 28% since FY12.
- Office of Regulatory Science (ORS) added a new key project, “Fish SCALE (Seafood Compliance and Labeling Enforcement)”, to develop and implement regulatory genetic methods to confirm accuracy of seafood labeling.
Office of Special Medical Products (OSMP)
- March 25, 2013: FDA-TRACK OSMP Quarterly Briefing Summary
- FDA-TRACK OSMP Dashboard – Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD) completed its key project “2012 Small Clinical Trials Course,” a 2-day course that provided training in the design and analysis of clinical trials with small study populations.
May 2013 Upcoming Performance Data Updates
- Center for Tobacco Products (CTP)
- Medical Countermeasures Initiative (MCMi)
- National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)
- Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS)
General Program Updates
- NEW! Completed Initiatives – Visit this page to read about completed FDA-TRACK initiatives.
- Most Popular Quarterly Content – Visit this page for FY 2013 Quarter 2 most visited and clicked content.
- Quarterly Briefing Summaries – Visit this page for public summaries of accomplishments discussed at each FDA-TRACK briefing. We post summaries approximately 30 business days after each quarterly briefing. This page includes a new summary for Advisory Committees, CDER, CDRH, CFSAN, and OSMP.