Cosponsored by Mental Health Systems, Inc.
SAMHSA's 5th National Conference on Behavioral Health for Women and Girls will provide the most recent research and knowledge on effective programs and policies for addressing mental health and substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery for women and girls.
As suggested by the conference theme, "It's All About HERR!—Health, Empowerment, Resilience, and Recovery," the 2012 speakers will provide a comprehensive understanding of behavioral health and cutting-edge treatment practices. Sessions are organized in 11 learning clusters including trauma and violence, prevention, justice-involved women, and adolescents.
Attendees will learn to:
- Identify unique behavioral health considerations for women and girls.
- Describe evidence-based practices that promote resilience and recovery among women.
- Define gender-responsive practices that cross prevention, mental health, and addictions treatment and recovery fields.
- Share practices for working with women including adolescent girls, women in the military and military families, justice-involved women, and women from different cultural groups.
- Define recovery-oriented outcomes for serving women and girls.