Health Tip: Consider These Diabetes 'Superfoods'
Offerings that should meld well with a diabetic's meal plan
Thursday, April 12, 2012
The American Diabetes Association suggests these optimal "superfoods":
- Any kind of bean, from kidney beans to pinto beans.
- Vegetables that are dark green and leafy, including kale, collard greens and spinach.
- Fiber-rich citrus fruits, including lemons, grapefruit and oranges.
- Berries, sweet potatoes or tomatoes.
- Salmon and other fish that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Nuts, whole grain foods and fat-free yogurt and milk.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Diabetic Diet