July 15, 2015 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
When it comes to NIAID's strategy for responding to emerging health threats, you could say we follow the Scout motto "Be Prepared."
Opportunities and Resources
If you have the expertise and resources to help move promising preventive HIV vaccine concepts through the development process, you might want to consider a recently released contract solicitation.
Promising preclinical data for a candidate vaccine does not guarantee efficacy in phase II/III clinical trials.
Specialists in mathematics, statistics, and modeling, take note: NIAID is now participating in three reissued companion program announcements titled “Spatial Uncertainty: Data, Modeling, and Communication."
Apply for a planning grant worth up to $450,000 over three years for pilot or feasibility studies.
In The News
NIH published an important notice last month that's worth pointing out in case you missed it or need a reminder.
- Formatting Changes Ahead for Training Data Tables in RPPRs and Applications
- RFI: Provide Input on ImmPort and Related Services
- Matching Dollars to Diseases: New RePORTER Data Set
- Keep Your Small Business In the Know
The scientific community uses many terms to describe different roles on a project.
- When a program announcement expires with no reissue, do I have any recourse for funding?
- Can the PD/PI on a competitive renewal application change his or her effort without restriction?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFP-NIAID-DAIDS-NIHAI2015029, Comprehensive Resources for HIV Microbicides and Biomedical Prevention
- RFA-DK-15-025, Mechanisms Underlying the Contribution of Type 1 Diabetes Risk-Associated Variants
- BAA-NIAID-DAIDS-NIHAI2015041, Immune-Based Antiviral Products for Suppression/Elimination of HIV-1
- BAA-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2015037, Development of Therapeutic Products for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.