On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Pre-application: Opportunities for Collaborative Research at the NIH Clinical Center (X02) (PAR-15-286)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): December 15, 2015; December 15, 2016; December 15, 2017
- Opportunities for Collaborative Research at the NIH Clinical Center (U01) (PAR-15-287)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): April 11, 2016; April 11, 2017; April 11, 2018
- Bioengineering Research Partnership (BRP): Non- or Minimally-Invasive Methods to Measure Biochemical Substances during Neonatal and Perinatal Patient Care and Research (R01) (PAR-15-285)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Broad Agency Announcement (BAA): Immune-Based Antiviral Products for Suppression/Elimination of HIV-1, NIAID-DAIDS-NIH-AI-2015041 (NOT-AI-15-046)
Note: The Contractor is not limited to a domestic institution or organization, and subcontracting to foreign organizations/institutions is permitted.
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Non- or Minimally-Invasive Methods to Measure Biochemical Substances for Neonatal and Perinatal Clinical Care and Research (R41) (RFA-HD-16-028)
Application Receipt Date(s): July 15, 2015
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Research for Health in Humanitarian Crises (R2HC) funds public health research aiming to improve health outcomes by strengthening the evidence base of what works in humanitarian crises. Research proposals must include partnerships between academic institutions and humanitarian organizations. Applicants from lower and middle income countries are particularly encouraged.
Expression of interest deadline: July 20, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Correction to Multidisciplinary Studies of HIV/AIDS and Aging PAR-15-280 (R01) (NOT-AG-15-009), PAR-15-281 (R03) (NOT-AG-15-010) and PAR-15-282 (R21) (NOT-AG-15-011)
- Korean Biomedical Scientist Fellowship Program
Updated application deadline: June 30, 2015
- Global Infectious Disease Research Administration Development Award for Low-and Middle-Income Country Institutions
from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at NIH
Application deadline: July 15, 2015
- Global Infectious Diseases Research Training (GID)
Application deadline: July 29, 2015
- Fogarty HIV Research Training
Application deadline: July 30, 2015
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows and Scholars in Public Health
Postdoctoral Research Scholars application deadline: August 3, 2015
Fellowships application deadline: October 13, 2015