Happy Global Handwashing Day
Today is Global Handwashing Day, an occasion to support a global and local culture of handwashing with soap, shine a spotlight on the state of handwashing in each country, and raise awareness about the benefits of handwashing with soap.
Kids and adults around the world are celebrating. You can join them in these ways:
- Organize or participate in a Global Handwashing Day event in your school or community
- Play the World Wash Up game
- Make sure you and your family know when and how to wash your hands properly
Learn more about how handwashing can keep you and others healthy, today and every day.
Healthy Schools, Healthy People: It’s a SNAP!
CDC works with the American Cleaning Institute on the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP! program to improve hand hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases and reduce related absenteeism. Visit www.itsasnap.org to learn how you can help prevent school absenteeism by creating a handwashing campaign for your school community.
Each year, schools are chosen for national recognition for outstanding student efforts to promote hand hygiene and infection control. Apply today!
- Deadline to apply for national recognition is January 31
- Awards are open to all public/private K-12 schools in states, territories, and tribes within the U.S.
- Your school project, activity, or campaign must include the key handwashing messages
- Click here for the complete Awards Application Guidelines
- Learn more about Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP!