As part of its annual observance of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program joins with its grantees and federal partners to offer a wide range of educational events and awareness activities. Please see the list of free events below and click the links to register or find more information. For additional tools, handouts, brochures, artwork, and other resources to raise awareness of domestic violence and its impact on communities and families, please visit www.nrcdv.org/dvam.
- Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day, sponsored by the National Health Resource Center on Domestic Violence: www.futureswithoutviolence.
- Building Trauma-Informed Family-Centered Services for Children & Parents, hosted by the National Center on Domestic Violence Trauma & Mental Health:https://ncdvtmh.webex.com/
- Celebrating the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) 30th Anniversary, hosted by the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program:https://hhs.adobeconnect.com/
- It’s About Time: Addressing Gender-based Violence on College Campuses, hosted by the Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community and Futures Without Violence: https://bwjp.ilinc.com/
- Prevention and Intervention Strategies for Addressing the Intersection of HIV for Black Domestic Violence Survivors, hosted by the Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community: https://idvaac.wufoo.com/
- Te Invito: An Online Toolkit and Campaign to Involve Latino Men to End Violence Against Women, hosted by the National Latin@ Network, the Office on Women’s Health, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program: https://bwjp.ilinc.com/
- Supporting Latina Children & Youth Impacted by Domestic Violence, hosted by the National Latin@ Network: https://bwjp.ilinc.com/
- Enhancing Safe Access to Child Support, hosted by the Office of Child Support Enforcement and the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program:https://bwjp.ilinc.com/
- Purple Thursday Domestic Violence Awareness Day. See the flyer athttp://dccadv.org/img/fck/
file/Purple%20Thursday%202014. pdf, and connect with the DC Coalition Against Domestic Violence at http://dccadv.org
- Culturally Specific Approaches to Trauma and Domestic Violence, hosted by the Family and Youth Services Bureau’s Family Violence Prevention and Services Program, the Women and Trauma Federal Partners Committee, and the National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health: https://ncdvtmh.webex.com/
- Intersection of Domestic Violence & Poverty Concept, hosted by the Office of Community Services and the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program: https://bwjp.ilinc.com/
- Twitter town hall focused on Youth-led Responses to Relationship Violence, hosted by the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence. On Twitter, follow @VAWnet and @NationalDVAM.
- Intersection of Intimate Partner Violence and Economic Factors, hosted by the Office on Policy, Research, and Evaluation and the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program: https://bwjp.ilinc.com/
Ongoing All Month
- Health Cares About IPV: Intimate Partner Violence Screening and Counseling Toolkit:www.healthcaresaboutipv.org
- Promising Futures: Best Practices for Serving Children, Youth, and Parents Experiencing Domestic Violence: www.
- Men and Boys: Preventing Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence: www.vawnet.org/
- Honor Our Voices: www.honorourvoices.org
- Runaway & Homeless Youth and Relationship Violence Toolkit:www.nrcdv.org/rhydvtoolkit