CDC Influenza News and Highlights
Flu vaccination: a growing trend among pregnant women
[124 KB, 1 page]
CDC Foundation Business Pulse:
Benefits of Flu Vaccination
[990 KB, 1 page]
Weekly Influenza Surveillance
CDC has published the 2014-2015 recommendations for the prevention and control of influenza. CDC recommends an annual flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older.
Flu activity is low across the United States now, but usually begins to increase in October andmost commonly peaks between January and March. Make plans to get your flu vaccine this fall.
- What is a jet injector and how is it used for vaccination?
- What flu vaccines are available via jet injector this season?
- What flu viruses does the flu vaccine administered by jet injector protect against?
Influential News - September 2014
This edition highlights how NIVDP partners support each other and work together to promote flu vaccination. We also showcase the recent launch of a webinar and training series. Topics in this edition include:
- Immunize Nevada's innovative efforts to promote flu vaccination in rural communities;
- The Allegheny County Health Department's collaboration with the NIVDP to increase flu vaccination awareness in Pittsburgh; and
- A new NIVDP webinar and training series on how to sustain flu vaccination promotion efforts within underserved communities.