Treatment for alcohol use disorders (AUDs), once essentially limited to the mutual support group Alcoholics Anonymous founded in 1935, has seen many significant advances. In addition to mutual support groups, AUDs can be treated with medications and behavioral therapies, as well as combinations of treatments. Technology—such as email and the Internet—has opened new avenues for diagnosing and treating people with AUDs. And researchers continue to develop alternate treatment strategies that can offer help to everyone who wants to change their drinking habits.
For information on treatment and support in your area, please contact any of the following:

National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) toll-free telephone number for alcohol and drug information/treatment referral assistance.
Telephone:  1-800-662-HELP (4357)
When you call this toll-free number, a recorded message (English or Spanish language) gives you the following options:
1 - Speak to a representative concerning substance abuse treatment or to request printed material on alcohol or drugs.
2 - Local substance abuse treatment referral information in your state.

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's online searchable directory of alcohol and drug abuse programs located around the country.