Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Ethics, Policy and Law
Attitudes of African Americans toward return of results from exome and whole genome sequencing.
Yu JH, et al. Am J Med Genet A. 2013 May;161(5):1064-72
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: Federal agency files first suit enforcing genetic discrimination law against fabric distributor that requested family medical history, refused to hire woman, May 7
- Your genes, your choice? Critics say the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics’ recent recommendations for reporting incidental clinical sequencing results undermine patient autonomy, Genetic Engineering & Biotech News, May 9
- Personal Genome Project participants often identifiable, by Simon Leese, PHG Foundation, May 10
- Public preferences regarding informed consent models for participation in population-based genomic research [PDF 408.35 KB]
Platt J et al. Genetics in Medicine May 9
- Professional societies state concerns, recommendations for interim pricing on molecular tests, Clinical Lab Products, May 10
- Privacy protections: The genome hacker Yaniv Erlich shows how research participants can be identified from 'anonymous' DNA, Erika Check Hayden Nature 2013 May 8