Health Tip: Protect Your Feet From Fungus
Wash and dry your feet frequently
URL of this page: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_131360.html
(*this news item will not be available after 02/13/2013)
Thursday, November 15, 2012
The American Podiatric Medical Association says you can help prevent fungal infections of the feet by:
- Carefully and frequently washing the feet, making sure to thoroughly dry them.
- If walking in public showers or locker rooms, wearing flip flops or shower shoes.
- Changing pantyhose, shoes and socks more than once daily.
- Cutting toenails in a straight line, short enough that the nail doesn't grow beyond the toe.
- Making sure that shoes and hosiery aren't too tight.
- Wearing socks of synthetic material and shoes of breathable material.
- Disinfecting any nail clippers and pedicure tools after use. Also, avoid polishing toenails that appear to have a fungal infection.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.